Bucksburn – St Machar’s Church
A beautiful Church dating from 1880. Organ dating from 1902 from Wadsworth with Art Nouveau decorated pipes. Sancturary decorated with applied canvas murals by Douglas Strachan dated approximately 1900.
The Church is usually open on the last Friday of the Month between 10:00am and 12 Noon.
Lent Services and Activities:
Sunday 31 March – Lent 4 / Mothering Sunday:
- 11:00am: Sunday service with distribution of flowers
Holy Week and Easter Services and Activities:
Sunday 14 April – Palm Sunday:
- 11:00am: Palm Sunday Eucharist with distribution of Palm Crosses.
Thursday 18 April – Maundy Thursday:
- 7:30pm: Holy Communion ‘The Lord’s Supper’
Friday 19 April – Good Friday:
- 7:30pm: Compline and A Shorter Litany
Sunday 21 April – Easter Sunday:
- 11:00am: Easter Eucharist followed by fellowship with sandwiches, tea and coffee.
Regular Services and Events:
- 11:00am: Holy Communion (1982 liturgy)
St Machar’s online:
- Rev'd Dr Duncan Heddle