Bucksburn – St Machar’s Church
A beautiful Church dating from 1880. Organ dating from 1902 from Wadsworth with Art Nouveau decorated pipes. Sancturary decorated with applied canvas murals by Douglas Strachan dated approximately 1900.
The Church is usually open on the last Friday of the Month between 10:00am and 12 Noon.
Advent and Christmas Services:
Friday 21 December:
- 10:00am to 12:00pm: December Open Doors. Come in for quiet reflection, to have a look in the church, a friendly chat and/or to enjoy a cup of tea or coffee or juice with some of our congregation. If you like you can join us preparing our Christmas decorations ready to deck the Church on Christmas Eve!
Monday 24 December – Christmas Eve:
- 4:00pm: Informal Service of Readings and Carols followed by mince pies.
Tuesday 25 December – Christmas Day:
- 11:00am: Family Service of Holy Communion with the blessing of the Crib.
Sunday 6 January – Epiphany
- 12:30pm: Christmas and Epiphany lunch with Carols (follows the 11:00am service)
Regular Services and Events:
- 11:00am: Holy Communion (1982 liturgy)
St Machar’s online:
- Rev'd Dr Duncan Heddle