The Standing Committee is responsible for the general control and management of the administration of the Diocese.
Its tasks include:
- The preparation, updating and implementation of development plans for 3-5 years.
- The setting of objectives for the furtherance of the work of the Diocese in the light of recommendations made by the Boards of the Diocese.
- The utilisation of the resources, human powers, skills, buildings and finances available to the Diocese.
- The preparation of business/agenda for the Synod.
- To receive and approve the Annual Accounts and to determine the level of Diocesan Quota to be levied on charges.
- To consider and approve the Diocesan budget.
- To decide in its own absolute discretion on the best means of promoting its work and objects and the expenditure to be incurred therefor.
- To attend to any other matter not explicitly remitted or delegated to any Board, group or individual.
Standing Committee Membership:
- The Bishop (Convener)
- The Dean (ex-officio)
- Rev’d Prof David Atkinson
- Dr Hugh Dawson
- Rev’d Canon Lisa Eunson
- Miss Anne Harper
- Rev’d Alastair MacDonald
- Mr Peter Murray
- Dr Lorraine Paisey
- Rev’d Canon John Walker
- Mr John Whittall
For more information, please contact the Bishop via the Diocesan Office:
- Email: gro.n1503400391acilg1503400391na.ne1503400391edreb1503400391a@eci1503400391ffo1503400391
- Tel: 01224 662247