Remembrance Sunday Services
11th November 2018 12:00 am - 11:59 pm
Remembrance Sunday Services are taking place around the Diocese, with many churches changing their service times to allow the Act of Remembrance to be observed at 11:00am. We have listed details that we are aware of below. Please contact churches direct using the details in the Church Directory to confirm details.
- 10:30am: Sung Mattins with Commemoration of the Fallen and special readings from WWI poets, including Siegfried Sassoon and Wilfrid Owen.
- 10:30am: Parish Mass with the Sea Cadets in attendance.
- 8:00am: Holy Communion
- 10:45am: Sung Eucharist (note change of time)
- 9:00am: Ecumenical laying of wreaths with British Legion Banchory
- 10:50am: Holy Communion with laying of wreath and appropriate readings and music. (note change of time)
- 9:00am: Eucharist in St Andrew’s Church
- 10:15am: Parade at the War Memorial at foot of Seafield Street
- 10:50am: Combined Ecumenical Civic Service in Banff Parish Church with contributions from local churches and community groups.
- No 8:00am Holy Communion today.
- 10:40am: Parade moves off from British Legion and marches to the square.
- 10:50am: Civic Remembrance Service at the War Memorial in the Square.
- 11:30am (or as soon as possible thereafter): Parish Eucharist in All Saints Church
- 10:50am: Remembrance Sunday Eucharist (note change of time)
- 9:45am: Sung Eucharist at St Magnus’ Church (note change of time)
- 11:00am: Service at the War Memorial
- 11:30am: Joint service at St Columba’s Church, Lerwick.
- 3:00pm: Remembering War, Making Peace – music, prayers, readings and reflections.